Social media marketing, research has shown, is the fastest growing platform for advertisers. With promises of increased customer engagement and low marketing costs, advertisers flocked to this platform in droves. 76% of companies in the US use social media. Over three quarters of marketing officers believe they will increase their ROI this year through social media and plan to increase their budgets. But ROI is not easy to measure with social media. The different metrics will yield different results. Are you doing whatever it takes? Are there some things you don’t know about?
Facebook is the most valuable platform, statistic shoes, with over 15% of the social media marketing business, while rating and reviews, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube are there as well starting at about 10%.
Last month, a company called Techlightenment unveiled its new product called Alchemy 2. The company which is a leading provider of Facebook marketing technologies, helps solve traditional Facebook challenges of scale and performance, and has features that reduce the time spent on manual processes because the platform does it for you so you can focus your attention on higher value decisions.
The company promises that marketers will get 80% higher CTR and 50% lower CPC using their platform compared to the average Facebook campaign. Alchemy 2 allows user to take advantage of what Facebook has to offer; timeline, Sponsored Stories and Custom Action ads.
Here is what this platform includes:
Create a campaign fast and easy. You can create hundreds of ads in a few minutes.
- Combine location, target audience with your creativity.
- The system allows you to dynamically insert keywords and locations.
- Analytics will tell you how many end users you will reach.
- Easy re-posting of campaigns in one click.
Optimize and track. About 70% of what used to have to be done manually can be done by alchemy 2.
- Optimize by setting up rules based on which actions are taken.
- Track multiple conversion points.
- Control your budget by targeting groups and locations.
- Optimize to CPA with tracking solutions and analytics.
Manage and Report.
- Drag and drop the data you have to see how effective the campaign is.
- You can easily change the metrics, and have complete control of how the budget is being allocated.
- You can see CPA and conversion data at the ad level. The platform will calculate your margin and optimize accordingly.
Will Ashton, Managing Director of Alchemy 2 at Techlightenment said: “Alchemy was the first Facebook advertising platform to market in 2010. We have redesigned the platform for the release of Alchemy 2 to make it even more sophisticated and agile. As Facebook makes updates to its platform, Alchemy 2 is well positioned to be updated as near to real-time as possible, allowing users to make near immediate use of new features and ad formats.”
Techlightenment was bought by Experian in January 2011.
@BasilPuglisi is the Executive Director and Publisher for Digital Brand Marketing Education (dbmei.com). Basil C. Puglisi is also the President of Puglisi Consulting Group, Inc. A Digital Brand Marketing Consultancy that manages professional and personal branding for Fortune 500 CEOs, Hedge Fund Managers and Small Business Owners.