This will make the fourth official year of Social Media Week’s return to New York. One of the world’s most unique and innovative global platforms for a large selection of interactive conversations and information on new trends in the social and mobile media industries.
Global Promo for Social Media Week 2012
Why Attend Social Media Week?
There are quite a few compelling reasons to attend Social Media Week.
- Free Attendance ~ Due to a generous outpouring of support from partners and sponsors, the events that are hosted by Social Media Week directly, are free to attend.
- Community Content ~ The program is curated in a unique manner allowing coverage for every new and emerging trend, areas of technology, and the industry sector.
- Unique Venues and Locations ~ As with any other learning experience, those that organize #SMW understand that environment can be detrimental or conducive to retaining knowledge and understanding. Thanks to many strategic partnerships, as well as the venues that donated space and time, places such as the New York Times, MoMa, and the Paley Center for Media will help to enhance attendee experience.
How to Attend
If you are interested in attending Social Media Week events you can head to their page and create an account if you do not already have one. Once registered, visit the scheduling page to locate the events that you are interested in. Remember that all events are free unless otherwise stated. When you find the events you want to be a part of, click the Attend button to the right of it and you are registered. You must register to attend each event individually.
What is Social Media Action Camp?
The Program Schedule will be released the day before the event. At that time you will be able to plan your day. The time for each session is being held due to the need to allow our VIP guests and teachers to make arrangements to attend and participate in Social Media Action Camp.
- Elliot Nix – Head of Mobile, Google
- Bill Corbett Jr. – President, Corbett Public Relations
- Jeff D. Goldberg – President, JG&A
- Maria Prieto – CEO, The Hispanic Network
- Mardy Sitzer – President, Bumblebee Design & Marketing LLC
- Amy Vernon – VP Strategy, Hasai
- Jeff Ogden – Host MAD Marketing TV
- Garth Holsinger – VP Global Sales & Business Development, Klout
- Basil C. Puglisi – Executive Director & Publisher, dbmei.com
- David Meerman Scott – Author, The New Rules of Marketing & PR
- Anthony Napolitano – Director, StumbleUpon
- Ellen DePasquale – Director, Constant Contact
- Nathan Latka – CEO, Lujure
- Dupleep Wijayawardhana – CEO, EmpireAvenue
And more, including two surprise speakers yet to be announced.
The Social Media Action Camp, or #SMAC, is a one day conference that is focused on providing a environment that encourages small business owners, entrepreneurs, and media enthusiast to increase their knowledge on the benefits of helpful social media practices. The camp will feature a range of learning sessions created with a focus on actionable information. Every session lists a set of learning outcomes attendees can expect.
Why Attend Social Media Action Camp?
Attendees can expect to take away vital information on some very important topics.
- Business Collaboration Practices ~ Attendees can expect to learn how to supply services equal to the power of the big guys, while fashioning a social business presence that only a small business can create.
- Collaborative Blogging ~ This session offers a look inside the practice and the purpose behind collaborative blogging including how those efforts can truly pay off via the share factor on social media networks.
- IRL Networking ~ This session will help small business owners learn how to create the most effective strategic alliances that help to generate real-time buzz about your business, products, and services.
In addition, attendees can expect to walk away with functional knowledge on how to create a successful social strategy, a greater understanding of the four major social networks, and a larger box of digital social media tools that can be used for monitoring statistics and updating campaigns.
How to Attend
General Admission for #SMAC is $99 and for students $39. As a DMBEi subscriber you are entitled to a 25% off discount when you head to the #SMAC home page from here and enter the discount code dbmei25 during the registration process.
The Social Media Action Camp will be held on February 16th, 2012, from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM at the Roger Smith Hotel, 501 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10017.
Digital Brand Marketing Education is the event organizer. Please feel free to contact: @BasilPuglisi – email@example.com – 631.909.7360
@BasilPuglisi is the Executive Director and Publisher for Digital Brand Marketing Education (dbmei.com). Basil C. Puglisi is also the President of Puglisi Consulting Group, Inc. A Digital Brand Marketing Consultancy that manages professional and personal branding for Fortune 500 CEOs, Hedge Fund Managers and Small Business Owners.