Interest in Pinterest has been buzzing around on social networks for a while now. Pinterest now has buttons on many sharing sites that did not have them before last month. So what exactly is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a tool for organizing and sharing images online. If you find something that inspires you or interest you, you can use your Pinterest account to create a visual bookmark to the link. These images are then known as Pins. Users can place their Pins on their own boards that they can label with specific themes if desired.
Pinterest’s focus is to provide the means for a connection for everyone on earth through shared interest. Based out of Palo Alto, California, Pinterest is chock-full of notable investors and entrepreneurs.
- Hank Vigil
- Kevin Hartz
- Fritz Lanman
- Jack Abraham
- Jeremy Stoppelman
- Michael Birch
- Ron Conway
- Scott Belsky
- Shana Fisher
Pinterest allows users to ‘repin’ the Pins of others. So what happens when you Pin an interest?
- When you repin an interest you are allowed to categorize the image onto your own boards.
- Liking someone’s Pin will add the image to your personal profile’s Like section. The image doesn’t get added to one of your boards.
- Users can choose to integrate their Twitter and Facebook accounts with Pinterest.
Pinterest is another social networking opportunity for so many who enjoy this helpful new element of internet communication. Users can create their own gift wish list, or simply just share their personal preferences with the world.
Get Started on Pinterest
There are many ways to utilize and enjoy Pinterest.
- Social Networking – Just like Facebook and Twitter, users can add each other through Pinterest’s system.
- Profile creation – If you Google yourself, you will likely find the highest links are from your personal social network profiles. Pinterest gives you another chance to create one.
- Create a wish list for your next birthday or anniversary. Share it with those you need to drop a hint to.
- On that same note, your friends who are on Pinterest are already providing you with a potential gift wish list. No more sneaking around asking people close to them what they may enjoy as a gift.
- Get inspired! Use Pinterest for inspiration for any number of things, including work!
Create your own vision boards on your favorite topics and trends with Pinterest.